- Support the organization's accounts receivable process by representing claims for payment to the appropriate payer.
- Perform medical collections and invoicing to patients, providers and medical facilities.
- Handling in- and outbound patient contact, securing payment of open account balances, research of rejected payments, recommendations for settlement or referral for external collections, and scheduled invoice printing.
- Supports other dept. Operations as needed, administrative support.
- Identifies billing requirements by requesting and obtaining information from the payers.
- Completes timely and accurate claim filing in accordance with targeted goals and department policy.
- Ensures compliance with established department billing standards by analyzing, auditing, and taking action on unbilled claims.
- Resolves reimbursement discrepancies by analyzing information and notifying supervisor or manager when applicable.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and in-service workshops.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with business principles, ethical standards, legal obligations, and policy as outlined in Client's Compliance and Ethics program.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.'
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor s degree in finance, accounting or business is preferred.
- 1-2 years reimbursement, insurance, or related work experience in healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of electronic billing and submission process.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong data entry (Excel/Access) and typing skills required.
- Must have an understanding of Accounts Receivable.
- Must be able to work independently as well as the able to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Medicare Part D beneficial, but not required.
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing Solutions at 877-782-3334.