Behavioral Healthcare Coordinator
- Mon-Thurs 8am-7pm and Fri 8am-6pm.
- Must be flexible.
- Provides care coordination to members with behavioral health conditions identified and assessed as requiring intensive interventions and oversight including multiple, clinical, social and community resources.
- This role promotes the appropriate use of clinical and financial resources in order to improve the quality of care and member satisfaction.
- Conducting in depth health risk assessment and/or comprehensive needs assessment which includes, but is not limited to psycho-social, physical, medical, behavioral, environmental, and financial parameters.
- Communicating and developing the treatment plan for authorization of services, and serves as point of contact to ensure services are rendered appropriately, (i.E. During transition to home care, back up plans, community based services).
- Implementing, coordinating, and monitoring strategies for members and families to improve health and quality of life outcomes.
- Develops, documents and implements plan which provides appropriate resources to address social, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and supportive needs.
- Acts as an advocate for members care needs by identifying and addressing gaps in care.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness.
- Measures the effectiveness of interventions as identified in the members care plan.
- Assesses and reviews plan of care regularly to identify gaps in care, trends to improve health and quality of life outcomes.
- Collects clinical path variance data that indicates potential areas for improvement of case and services provided; works with members and the interdisciplinary care plan team to adjust plan of care, when necessary.
- Educating providers, supporting staff, members and families regarding care coordination role and health strategies with a focus on member-focused approach to care.
- Facilitates a team approach to the coordination and cost effective delivery to quality care and services.
- Facilitates a team approach, including the Interdisciplinary Care Plan team (ICPT), to ensure appropriate interventions, cost effective delivery of quality care and services across the continuum.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care plan team which may include member, caregivers, member s legal representative, physician, care providers, and ancillary support services to address care issues, specific member needs and disease processes whether, medical, behavioral, social, community based or long term care services.
- Utilizes licensed care coordination staff as appropriate for complex cases.
- Provides assistance to members with questions and concerns regarding care, providers or delivery system.
- Maintains professional relationship with external stakeholders, such as inpatient, outpatient and community resources.
- Generates reports in accordance with care coordination goals.
- Complies with Case management Society of America Standards for Case Management Practice and with CCMC code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers.
- Assists with orientation and mentoring of new team members as appropriate.
- Candidates with dual license in MD& DC or MD & VA will have preference over candidates who are ONLY licensed in MD.
- For the dual MD and VA licensed candidates, they should reside in Northern Virginia cities such as: Alexandria, Arlington, Annandale, Chantilly, Fairfax, Falls Church, Leesburg, Ashburn, Vienna, McLean and Sterling.
- The candidate MUST be licensed in the state that he/she resides.
- We are requiring MD licensed only candidates start the process to obtain their DC and/or VA licenses within 30 days of completing training.
- The candidate must be comfortable in a cubicle environment.
- Able to type and talk at the same time at a conversational pace.
- Ability to navigate through multiple systems.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office and know how to send and receive an e-mail, attach a document, accept meeting invites, work in Word, Excel (be able to sort and filter data).
- Not a lot in PowerPoint.
- They are HEAVY IM and email users so they must be familiar.
- The candidate MUST be able to type and talk at the same time.
- They need a Masters level behavioral health clinician with 5 years post master experience that is licensed to practice independently.
A-Line Staffing Solutions