- Billing and follow-up associated with the billing for dispensed prescription medication.
- Maintaining supporting and chronological notes that detail action taken to resolve billing edits.
- Maintain patient demographic and insurance information and data collections systems, including all.
- Billing reports, queues, or diversions according to payer and company policy guidelines.
- Research and respond to insurance companies and governmental payer s regarding billing issues or related questions by telephone, via the internet, and in writing.
- Transmit or submit claims (paper/electronic) to insurance payer s for reimbursement.
- Resolve insurance problems and patient issues that may have resulted from incorrect or incomplete information, therapy changes and pharmacy or shipping errors.
- Contact patients, physician's offices or insurance carriers as needed in order to expedite billing claims.
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED required.
- One or more years of experience working with MS Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word.
- One or more years of experience in a healthcare Revenue Cycle environment.
- Minimum of one year experience performing healthcare reimbursement, medical insurance/billing or related work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in a customer service environment.
- Ability to utilize analytical skills to solve problems in the healthcare reimbursement/claims workflow.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team environment.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.