Billing and Follow Up Representative
- At least (1) one year of full-time medical billing experience required.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree in accounting or business administration high desired.
- Data entry skills (50-60 keystrokes per minute).
- Past work experience of at least one year within financial services setting, performing medical claims processing, financial counseling, accounting, financial clearance and/or customer service activities is required.
- Previous work experience of at least one year of a health care setting is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance and governmental programs, regulations and billing processes (e.G., Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Disability, Champus, Supplemental Security Income Disability, etc.), managed care contracts and coordination of benefits is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical record coding (ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS), and basic computer skills are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) and organizational abilities.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Accuracy, attentiveness to detail and time management skills are required.
- To successfully accomplish the essential job functions of this position, the incumbent will be required to work independently, read, write, and operate keyboard and telephone effectively.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values.
A-Line Staffing Solutions