Biomedical Equipment Technician
Kansas City, KS
- This role requires On Call - typically it is for a 24 hour period and it happens every 13 days.
- Team oriented environment - work close with all members and other clinical staff as well as customers/vendors.
- The internal team currently has 16 Technicians and 5 Administration.
- Very service driven environment, will work closely with medical professionals and vendors, must be able to communicate with all customers.
- Individuals who have obtain an education background in Chemistry/Physics, or equipment training/knowledge will work well.
- Demonstrates ability to repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect a diverse range of therapeutic and diagnostic biomedical instrumentation and equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction on equipment operation and maintenance to clinical staff.
- High school diploma required.
- Associates and/or Bachelor's degree in electronics/biomedical preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic theory, technology, and test equipment.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to the use of biomedical equipment.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Knowledge of general software applications such as e-mail, database management, word processor and spreadsheets.
- Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
Ability to maintain accurate record of repairs, calibrations and tests.
A-Line Staffing Solutions