Cath Lab Registered Nurse
Kansas City, KS
The Cardiac Cath EP Lab RN provides evidence based care in Cardiac Labs; monitors electrical and
hemodynamic parameters; assesses patient during procedures and delivers therapy; provides moderate
sedation during procedure.
- Performs advanced diagnostic and invasive procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Monitor, circulate, and assist Cardiologist as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administers intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Assists in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples and respiratory gases.
- Attends to patient needs during cardiac studies including monitor patient's vital signs.
- Circulates during procedure, as applicable.
- Develops and contributes to a plan of nursing for the patient's care.
Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic data by operating
hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital and line fluoroscopic equipment.
Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and cardiopulmonary
- Participates in On-call per established call schedule, if applicable.
- Participates in orienting new staff.
Prepares patient and equipment for catherization procedures by preparing site of entry, draping patient, arranging sterilized instruments and catheters, and calibrating and
setting up pressure transducers and tubing.
Prepares the Cardiac Lab procedures rooms by ensuring that adequate stock is
- Current Cath and call experience including sedation capabilities and independently responding to call.
- Solid background (2-5 yrs.) in Cath Lab prior to travel assignments.
- Mac Lab experience for both charting and monitoring would all be preferable.
A-Line Staffing Solutions