Maryland Heights, MO
- This position is responsible for ensuring that the data assets of the organization are supported by an architecture to achieve strategic data analytic and reporting goals as well as corporate initiatives.
- The architecture should cover databases, data integration/engineering, and the means to get to the data. The Data Architect achieves his/her goals by setting enterprise data standards.
- Develops and documents logical and physical data models, data dictionary, mapping of data elements to requirements, data analysis, specifications and data flows using software development methodology to provide efficient, cost-effective solutions as directed.
- Identifies impact of solutions on existing and future systems.
- Works closely as well as interviews with business owners and end users to develop detail requirements to meet business needs.
- Performs analysis on projects and provides estimates and a plan that shows the tasks needing to be completed and a time estimate for each task.
- Engineer s data based on a star schema and follows/create data governance rules where the data can be reported in a BI solution.
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current projects progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
- Participates in design walk-throughs with appropriate focus groups and related users to verify accuracy of design in meeting business needs.
- Integrates system/subject area data into enterprise data architecture from varied data sources.
- This includes identifying confirming dimensions and resolving data quality and data integrity issues across the enterprise.
- Acts as first or second line of support for software development and end users on assigned data models.
- Serves as departmental resource for data analysis, data documentation and data management.
- Helps design plans for implementation, produce user documentation and training materials.
- May conduct end user training.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Corporate/enterprise data analysis using a structured development methodology.
- In depth knowledge of developing cubes and working with dimensional data.
- Using a star schema architecture to engineer data and working with views to create data packages.
- Experience using business intelligence philosophy from data engineering thru solution development.
- Significant experience with writing code and report development.
- Agile methodology is strongly preferred in addition to experience working with Hadoop.
- Working knowledge designing, developing and manipulating physical database structures.
- Experience in Data Warehouse or decision support design and development.
- Experience with working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to create large scale applications and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A-Line Staffing Solutions