EVS Infection Prevention Coordinator
Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Develop environmental monitoring programs for the assessment of the cleaning practices of the EVS staff utilizing ATP and fluorescent marker technologies.
- Train, implement and monitor EVS infection prevention and control practices, including performing audits and inspections.
- Interact with the hospital Infection Prevention and Control professionals to address concerns related to EVS infection prevention and control practices.
- Oversee and coordinate EVS disinfection related activities in patient care environments using chemical disinfectants, portable UV light disinfection and processes related to environmental disinfection.
- Under the guidance of the ABM Healthcare IP (CIC), serve as a liaison for the EVS Program with the health system s Infection Prevention and Control Program including all aspects of reporting to, and attending meetings of, the infection control related committees and task groups at the healthcare facilities. This may include collaborating with the facility Infection Prevention Department on developing innovative strategies or evaluating novel products to improve quality and efficiency in room disinfection.
- Work closely with the EVS Training Manager for infection prevention and control related training and competency programs.
- Develop and maintain reports and databases on infection prevention and control related activities for EVS; present data as needed to committees and task groups of the facilities as well as for ABM.
- Analyzes cleaning effectiveness data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Audits and reports to Infection Control Committee compliance with routine cleaning and disinfection procedures including UV or alternate adjunct disinfection process.
- Identifies and communicates barriers to consistent quality EVS performance.
- Effectively engages with multi-disciplinary team members, notably the Patient Experience EVS Coordinator to maximize strategic and tactical synergy of EVS IPC role to improve the HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) scores.
- Associate Degree.
- Training in healthcare Infection Prevention and Control.
- Training in healthcare Environmental Services.
- Expert computer skills including use of data base programs such as Microsoft Excel to track and develop reports related to infection prevention and control efforts.
- Healthcare infection prevention and control training and experience.
- Healthcare Environmental Services experience.
- CIC, CHESP, CMIP.
- Bachelor s Degree.
- Management experience.
- Teaching experience
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing Solutions at 877-782-3334.