Financial Consultant - Tax Department
- Provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. Territories.
- Providing oversight to less senior employees in the quality of work product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for minimizing impact taxes have on company earnings, cash resources, investments and employee benefits through accurate and timely tax compliance, research and planning.
- Coordinates certain tax filings, payments and miscellaneous research projects.
- Participates in employee benefit plan tax filings, Department of Labor compliance and planning.
- Responsible for the preparation and timely and accurate filing of federal, state and local tax returns.
- Participates in federal, state and local tax audits.
- Assists in preparation of year-end tax provision, computation of deferred taxes and preparation of applicable financial statement disclosures.
- Make decisions and propose solutions in accordance with applicable laws.
- Analyze complex financial data.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports.
- Analyze, organize and present facts and related material effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with tax authorities and other departments within organization.
- Work irregular hours as required.
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment.
- Continuously review, evaluate and suggest improvements to tax department processes.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Property and Casualty Insurance Industry and tax return concepts.
- Bank/financial institution tax concept.
- ASC 749 and SSAP 101
- Premium tax returns.
- Sales and use tax returns.
- Sage fixed asset system.
- OneSource income tax software.
- PeopleSoft financial reporting system.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.
- Equivalent to a senior position within Finance/Accounting or other related fields.
- Make decisions and recommend solutions in accordance with applicable tax law or accounting procedures and established insurance industry practice and procedure.
Working with governmental officials and/or IRS agents, taxing authorities and jurisdictions
preparation of corporate and state income tax returns and/or premium tax returns.
- Work within a corporate tax department or a CPA firm tax practice.
- Experience making decisions and recommending solutions in accordance with applicable tax law or accounting procedures and established insurance industry practice and procedure.
- Knowledge of Bank/financial institution tax concepts.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance Industry and tax return concepts.
- Experience developing complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills in order to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to continuously review, evaluate and suggest improvements to tax department processes.
A-Line Staffing Solutions