Health Resource Consultant
Maryland Heights, MO
- 3 weeks long
- Start time between 8am and 9: 30 depending on the need which is determined by the manager.
- Mon Fri and 1 late night/week.
- Late night hours are 10: 30am 7pm.
- No weekend & No On-Call
- Educates member during outreach process about the In-Transition Program.
- Enrolls member into the program and conducts initial assessment with members utilizing motivational interviewing techniques to assist and guide member through the assessment process.
- Identifies immediate needs and provides necessary resources during initial assessment.
- Assigns member to coach established by the member.
- Participates in quality improvement projects to support coaching program.
- Manages a caseload of members as assigned.
- May be assigned additional special responsibilities commensurate with experience.
- Will be expected to coach and mentor less experienced consultants.
- The need for this position is due to an influx of business.
- This business unit supports the Department of Defense and provides mental health linkage services to military members who are in transition.
- Transitions could include: relocating to another state, returning from deployment, discharging, etc.
- Most of the members suffer from Brain injuries, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression and Substance Abuse.
- The Health Resource Manager will receive a call list of 400 military service workers with mental health illnesses.
- All of the calls are outgoing and on average, the manager will make 40-70 calls/day lasting from 15 to 45 minutes.
- The goal is to enroll at least 35% of them into the program.
- 3 attempts to contact must be made before closing the case.
- Conducts initial interview with members through use of motivational interviewing to identify targeted area of focus and develop action plan to improve overall functioning of impairments related to targeted area.
- Provides outreach to identified members through various resources, inbound and outbound engagement of member explaining program overview, benefits and enrollment into the coaching program.
- Establishes immediate needs and assists with referrals and resources as needed until ongoing coaching begins.
- Schedules initial coaching session with identified clinical coach.
- Establishes rapport, educates on program and completes enrollment process.
- Documents activities in clinical system for accuracy of record keeping and reporting for customer needs.
- Works with member to develop initial plan of action to include specific areas of change, using UBPAP identified goals and motivational interviewing to engage member during the initial needs assessment process and enrollment process.
- Provides relevant community resources to support goal plan or resource materials to assist in meeting objectives.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, VA and Tricare resources and services, and the company's policies and procedures, and criteria.
- Interacts with company supervisory staff to discuss concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Leads or participates in activities as requested that help improve Center of Excellence performance, excellence and culture.
- Supports team members and participates in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule in order to aid in better serving its members and help the company achieve its business and operational goals.
- Assists in efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
- Maintains an active work load in accordance with coaching performance standards.
- Works with community agencies as appropriate.
- Collaborates with referral sources.
- Assists network by identifying gaps in the network and quality providers.
- Advocates for the member to ensure treatment needs are met. Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
- Master's Degree.
- License: LCPC or LCSW
- Successful candidates will have a strong clinical background with the ability to assess for risk.
- He/She must also be self-motivated, have strong engaging, assessing, documenting and organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a cubical environment, able to type and talk at the same time, able to navigate through multiple systems and comfortable with excel.
A-Line Staffing Solutions