IT Audit Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development and execution of a comprehensive annual IT audit plan based on risk assessment, corporate goals and objectives, regulatory requirements, Audit Committee fiduciary needs, and professional auditing standards.
- Identify and audit IT systems and processes wherein potential control weaknesses, fraud, errors, waste, abuse, or other conditions pose excessive risk to the organization or impair corporate performance.
- Establish audit time budgets, target dates and staffing to achieve audit objectives.
- Ensure IT audits address the company s most significant objectives and risks.
- Assign, oversee and provide hands on support for each IT audit.
- Perform audits, if needed.
- Review work-papers to ensure audit findings are adequately supported and documented.
- Direct and review the preparation of IT audit reports and recommendations.
- Present or participate in the presentation of IT audit reports and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Execute special projects or consultative reviews to support management requests.
- Oversee IT support for the Internal Audit department.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the external auditors; coordinate and oversee the on-time completion of audit work required by the external auditors.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with IT and corporate management.
- Promote organizational confidence in the value, integrity, and credibility of Internal Audit.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates of actual and budgeted project hours in monthly status report and weekly time tracking system.
- Assess staff performance and provide timely feedbacks and formal evaluations.
- Provide guidance, training, mentoring and motivation to develop team members.
- Address staff performance issues through coaching and counseling.
- Interview and recommend the hiring of IT audit personnel.
- Participate in or oversee team member participation in various corporate projects to ensure that proper controls are built into new IT programs, procedures or systems.
- Develop and maintain IT audit team policies and procedures based on process improvements, changes within the profession, regulatory changes, etc.
- CISA designation - Two years or more.
- IT Audit management experience.
- Financial Services (banking and insurance) industry background.
- "Big Four" accounting firm experience.
- Work experience in an information systems department.
- IT security department work experience and/or certification.
- Supervisory or management experience.
Experience & Education:
- Master s degree in computer science, business, finance, accounting or related field.
- Experience with audit software, such as ACL.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or equivalent designation.
- Minimum of five years of experience in auditing, as a Senior Auditor or above (external or internal).
- Extensive experience performing IT audits, risk assessments, and internal control evaluations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A thorough understanding of IT security, control standards and processes.
- Knowledge of system development process controls, including project management practices.
- Significant experience in IT auditing.
- Ability to operate with autonomy while leading and developing an audit team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Strong client focus and relationship skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to motivate subordinates to achieve a high level of work quality and productivity.
- Outstanding project and time management skills, including ability to manage several audits or projects simultaneously.
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
A-Line Staffing Solutions