Inpatient Pharmacy Technician
Kansas City, KS
- Evening hours with potential weekends.
- Performs job specific responsibilities; consistently supports patient centered environment.
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions and decisions.
- Follows policies, procedures, and standards; complies with Corporate Compliance Program.
- Assumes responsibility for risk and safety issues associated with position.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Utilizes resources efficiently and effectively.
- Takes responsibility for own learning needs.
- Participates as a member of a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Brings ideas/concerns to supervisor; participates in department decision-making.
- Performs ALL duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist licensed in the State of Kansas.
- Assists in accurate medication order filling, compounding and record keeping to assure timely delivery of medications.
- Prepares medications using appropriate technique and equipment.
- Medications include, but are not limited to; Intravenous admixtures, chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition, oral unit-dose or prepackaged medications, compounds, investigational drugs.
- Operates computer systems to accurately input medication orders and obtain necessary patient information.
- Uses a courteous and professional customer-focused approach while interacting directly or on the telephone with customers.
- Answers the phone by stating name, department name, and offering to help.
- Directs customers with potential problems to the pharmacist, supervisor or administrator as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining pharmacy inventory and record keeping in accordance with state and federal law.
- Assures timely distribution of prescribed medications and stock items to nursing units and other hospital departments.
- Strives to remove barriers in achieving excellent pharmaceutical care by participating in organizational and departmental performance improvement efforts and facilitating effective communication relative to these initiatives.
- Utilizes effective listening and communication skills.
- Maintains supervisor awareness of personal and team activities affecting the department.
- Reports medication errors on a continuous basis.
- Maintains a plan for personal development and completion of competency validation records.
- Participates in goal setting and ongoing development of team members.
- Shares expertise by participating in the orientation and education of pharmacy employees and students.
- Other pharmaceutical care activities as defined in the performance standards or by the supervisor.
A-Line Staffing Solutions