Lead Software Engineer
Maryland Heights, MO
- Understands and develops requirements for a system (mapping documents) by working with Business and Stakeholders.
- Develops visualization.
- Focuses on the design with emphasis on reusability, scalability, optimization and parameterization.
- Develops, tests, and maintains canonical layouts and drives standardization.
- Works with IT Architects and IT Analysts to break down a complex system into smaller components and coach/lead a team of software engineers to design and develop these components.
- Functions as primary "practitioner coach" on the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team.
- Integrates systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic, REST based services, etc.
- Understands the relationship between applications and infrastructure.
- Will be a leader in the developer community within Magellan and performs demo, knowledge sharing sessions.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
- Performs load and performance testing on the applications and have advanced troubleshooting ability to tune the application to scale.
- Agile, DevOPS and Cloud.
- Works on Agile software development projects.
- Ability identify and track key metrics produced by the application.
- Critical Thinking Skills.
- Problem Solving Techniques.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Team Player.
- Appetite to learn.
- Play the role of a mentor.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 5 years of programming experience including strong working knowledge of modern programming languages, ETL tools and understanding of Cloud Concepts.
Currently Used Tools:
- Strong coding skills in SQL
- Cognos BI Suite (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Workspace Advanced)
- Oracle and SQL server databases
- Microsoft development tools (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
- Jira for Agile development
A-Line Staffing Solutions