Licensed Vocational Nurse
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists in providing clinical services in a unique retail setting.
- Under the supervision of a Nurse Practitioner, the LPN will assist with greeting patients, taking vital, completes accurate patient documentation via computerized charting, as well as duties such as supply ordering, inventory and weekly patient logs.
- Performs and documents a focused history per client s clinical guidelines.
- Obtains and documents vital signs per Clients clinical guidelines.
- Performs and documents vision and hearing tests.
- Collect laboratory specimens under the direction of the Nurse Practitioner.
- Performs CLIA waved laboratory tests and documents results under the direction of the Nurse Practitioner.
- Provide immunizations to children and adults pursuant to client s written LVN Guidelines and Vaccination Protocols.
- Provides patient education verbally and in writing regarding the diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Demonstrates courteous and professional manner toward the public.
- Responds to patients/customers needs.
- Focuses on retaining current patients and attracting new clients.
- Requires patient or parent to sign consent.
- Accurately inputs patient s demographic information, insurance information, and payment information into the computer program. If computer is down then utilizes the paper charts for demographics, SOAP charting and receipt.
- Accurately uses SOAP charting.
- Correctly utilizes credit card machine including settling the machine at closing.
- Adheres to the appropriate code of ethics and works within the client s scope of practice. Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Acts in a way that promotes a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for patients and family.
- Takes responsibility for quality of own work.
- Continually strives to increase knowledge and skills.
- Stays current with medical/healthcare trends and procedures, etc.
- Maintains appropriate and up-to-date licensing, certifications, and CME.
- Uses resources efficiently, conservatively and is cost conscious.
- Follows client s policies and procedures.
- Presents self in a professional manner; always follows the dress code.
- Defines goals for performance appraisal and completes goals established at the previous appraisal.
- Regularly attends and participates in staff meetings, promoting teamwork and providing constructive, honest input.
- Supports the organizational goals and objectives.
- Fosters a team environment among co-workers and does not negatively influence employees or site operations.
- Explains services, benefits and fees to the general public and retail employees who visit the clinic.
- Explains services, benefits and fees to friends, family and the medical community.
- Keeps brochure holders full at the clinic
- Assists with other marketing projects as assigned by corporate.
- Keeps the clinic clean and uncluttered.
- Informs corporate of any need for repairs to clinic or equipment.
- Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood of body fluids.
- Performs control testing on CLIA waved laboratory testing per manufacturer s instructions and documents results
- Returns all resources back to original place, which is consistent in every clinic.
- Participates as requested in representing the company to the public at various professional conferences and seminars.
- Communicates to corporate possible questions and agenda items for staff meetings.
- Works with corporate on process implementation.
- Assists in finding replacements to cover unanticipated time off or schedule changes that are unrelated to illness.
- Assists in new employee training when needed.
- Minimum of one year related work experience to include working with an Electronic Medical Record, taking vital signs and performing Point of Care Testing.
- Licensed Practical Nurse is a graduate of a school of Practical or Vocational Nursing, approved by the State Agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing (Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)) at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- LPN/LVN must have a full, active and unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia.
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing Solutions at 877-782-3334.