Manager - Health & Welfare Plans
2700 Trumbull St Detroit, MI 48216
Free medical benefits for employee and family, great vacation plan, 401K, and more!
The Field Services Department assists Employers and Labor Organizations with implementing and administering health & welfare plans for members and their families. The Manager of Field Services has the following core duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing Health & Welfare Plan communication materials to improve or redesign where needed.
- Engaging in Employer outreach in advance of their Health & Welfare Plan renewal date.
- Working with Field Services Representatives and Local Union Business Agents to ensure that members and their families have the best health & welfare options available.
- Attending New Employer Implementation and Health & Welfare Enrollment meetings to address questions or concerns regarding benefit eligibility and/or benefit coverage.
- Improving internal and external follow up with Employers and Local Union Business Agents to identify areas of concern and opportunities to improve service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Labor-Management Relations or a similar discipline.
- Experience with designing, negotiating and implementing Health & Welfare Plans is essential.
- 3-5 years of leadership or management experience is preferred.
- Experience in Labor-Management relations, including negotiating and interpreting collective bargaining agreements and/or representing either an employer or labor organization in collective bargaining or contract administration is preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.