Order Entry Technician
- Provide order entry work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist to deliver superior patient care and customer service.
- Assist the pharmacist with day-to-day activities in a closed-door long-term care pharmacy.
- Support an environment that promotes optimal efficiencies, staff retention and superior quality of business office employees.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain the storage of the different medicines that are in stock.
- Process orders received from electronic/faxed prescriptions and accurately enter order information into Framework LTC pharmacysystem.*
- Ensure fax back confirmation on orders received within 2 hours of receipt or automated process.
- Accurately calculate quantity of order to send based on requested amount or automated system.
- Perform entry for medication daily, PRN and batch orders.* Prepares first dose orders including test claiming to insure accurate billing.
- Verify accurate input of all new orders, profile patients and Medication Administration Records (MAR) information into database.
- Receive any incoming shipment of medication and handle all related paperwork.
- Processes records of medication and equipment dispensed to resident.
- Compute charges and enters data in computer.
- Promote open communications between internal and external customers, enhance cooperative efforts, and improve pharmacy production performance.
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing Solutions at 877-782-3334.