Order Entry Technician
- Provide superb customer service and have well-developed written and communication skills in order to answer incoming customer calls, communicate with customers on urgent requests, and communicate with medical/nursing staff to obtain/provide key information while ensuring that adequate research and follow up occurs
- Be responsible for accurate data entry, understanding basic pharmacology, abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons in order to accurately enter, interpret prescriptions for filling and continually using excellent math skills, detail orientation and analytic skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with flexibility while preparing and processing medications through actions that may entail prepacking bulk medicines, filling bottles with prescribed medications, mixing preparations and typing and affixing labels
- Resolve issues and/or processing medications through the automation equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain automation equipment according to standards and ensure that it is operating at optimal levels by providing product, picks and inventory in a timely manner and as scheduled and work with support staff to identify machine abnormalities, breakdowns and/or failures
- Assist in reviewing each facility s drug packaging requirements so drug bagging and boxing is done accurately so drugs arrive at the point of distribution in a timely manner
- Review reports and maintain inventories and supplies to facilities
- Ensure and maintain a safe and clean work environment while complying with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible.
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numeral), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology.
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently when inputting information.
- Ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls.
- Licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law.
- Basic math and analytical skills Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English Preferred.
- Previous pharmacy technician experience.
- Previous data entry experience.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.