Pharmacy Billing Specialist
- Our mission is to deliver pharmacy services for post-acute care medical settings that Restore Health, Improve Patient Outcomes and Provide Cost-Effective, Accessible Healthcare Solutions.
- Our team members must be dynamic, dedicated, patient-oriented, and have a passion for long-term care.
- Handle billing functions and exceptions within a long-term care pharmacy.
- Work with insurance providers, nursing center staff and prescriber's office.
- Provide support and feedback regarding billing errors to pharmacy personnel.
- Support an environment that promotes optimal efficiencies, staff retention and superior quality of business office employees.
- We are always seeking skilled professionals who take pride in their work and want to be a part of our innovative team.
- We'll reward this dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and much more.
- Perform prescription claims adjudications for all pharmacy insurance programs.
- Handle Med-A billing to nursing facilities.
- Provide prescription price quotes to nursing centers and prescriber's representatives.
- Handle billing exceptions for the pharmacy.
- Process short orders and partial fill prescriptions billing from pharmacy production.
- Manage refill-to-soon rejections process.
- Assist the pharmacy business office manager with all month-end closing functions and processes.
- Process combine prescription billing (same drug with multiple doses).
- Assist with prescription billing errors.
- Analyze billing rejection errors and trends for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Process and manage prior authorization prescription orders.
- Handles prescription test claims.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- National CPhT certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, preferred.
- At least one year of pharmacy billing experience, preferred.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Behaviors:
- Computer skills, including fundamental knowledge of Windows based software programs, including but not limited to word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Program; specifically MS Excel is preferred.
- Organization skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively and harmoniously interact with facility, group, division and company management and other employees at all levels; promotes teamwork and demonstrates strong professionalism.
- Ability to communicate, perform and comprehend variables within the pharmacy operation.
- Capable of providing excellent customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Ability to adhere to regulatory and company compliance, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (OSHA, DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of current state, federal and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Understand, promote and comply with rules and regulations governing residents' rights.
- Ability to work and produce results under pressure.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Delivering the best possible care for our patient s means having the best team.
A-Line Staffing Solutions