- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, Coram Policies and Procedures (P&P) and standards of accrediting body.
- Obtains, interprets and evaluates all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
- Performs accurate computer order-entry, labeling and dispensing in accordance with Coram P&P and state board of pharmacy regulations.
- Accurately compounds and checks compounded sterile products according to Coram P&P.
- Provides training, guidance, clinical and corporate updates and coaching to pharmacy employees.
- Manages the implementation of new clinical programs and or marketing activities to physicians, nursing agencies and referral sources.
- Verifies accuracy of dispensing, medical and laboratory data, progress notes and other required monitoring log data, including all quality assurance documentation.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of pharmacy under the direction of the Branch Manager and in accordance with Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Serves as point of contact for all pharmacy based billing and reimbursement questions.
- Develops and recommends changes in branch processes to ensure efficient workflow to allow for the effective medication and supply delivery.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Initiates, reviews and updates all required documentation per Coram P&P.
- Accurately maintains all legally required records.
- Serves as Pharmacist in Charge unless otherwise approved by National Director of Pharmacy and branch manager.
- Communicates clinical and technical information and monitoring to other members of healthcare team and patient when appropriate.
- Determines in conjunction with branch management team patient acceptance, product selection, device selection and supply management.
- Directly supervises all pharmacy personnel in their duties and responsibilities.
- Conducts performance appraisals on selection, promotion, merit increases and employee discipline.
- Assures staff compliance with all corporate initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Schedules pharmacy staffing, on call staffing and completion of pharmacy staffing model.
- Oversees payroll for pharmacy staff.
- Follows established procedures for drug and supply procurement.
- Maintains or supervises the maintenance of appropriate inventory levels and ensures use of preferred products per Coram formulary.
- Maintains procedures for appropriate security of all legend items, including controlled substances.
- Complies with the Company s policy on the allowable clean room garb and dress code requirements.
- Participates in and coordinates on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelors or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum eight years of infusion alternate site experience; management experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write and present information to managers, patients, nurses and physicians.
- Computer skills (Coram pharmacy system, word processing, database, spreadsheet programs).
- Current license to practice pharmacy in state of employment.
- Current CPR certification if involved with direct patient contact.
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing Solutions at 877-782-3334.