Mt. Prospect, IL
- 8: 00am-4: 30pm
- 9: 30am-6: 00pm
- This position focuses on prior authorization review and processing in computer systems, follow- ups, calling doctor offices, computer skills, data entry, and working on the phone.
- This position is responsible for reviewing prior authorizations for specialty medications.
- Day to day communication with pharmacists, dedicated team members for call routing.
- Not primarily a call center, but may take in-coming calls from members, providers, etc providing professional phone assistance to all callers through the criteria based prior authorization process.
- Maintains complete, timely and accurate documentation of all approvals and denials, and transfers all clinical questions and judgment calls to the pharmacist.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Good organizational skills, ability to deal efficiently with people, ability to work independently.
- Professional written and oral communication.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet utilization preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills (written and verbal) a must.
- Analytical skills, problem solving skills are a big plus.
- Must be licensed in IL, certification highly preferred.
- At least 1 year experience as a pharmacy technician, or in an office clerical environment coordinating activities in an administrative support function.
- Minimum (1) year experience in a customer service position with high volume call center experience; preferably in healthcare, social services, or a similar service position preferred.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
A-Line Staffing Solutions