Watterson Park, KY
- The Specialty Pharmacy Technician assists team members, physicians and patients in the daily activities of data entry, fulfillment, and assist in clarifying physician orders which are dispensed to our patients, or patient s physician s offices.
- These orders are shipped by our client s third party vendors.
- This position takes in-coming calls from members, providers, etc providing professional phone assistance to all callers through the criteria based prior authorization process.
- Maintains complete, timely and accurate documentation of all approvals and denials, and transfers all clinical questions and judgment calls to the pharmacist.
- Counts, packages, and labels unit for inspection by pharmacist.
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of pharmacy policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- At least 1 year experience as a pharmacy technician coordinating activities in an administrative support function.
- National pharmacy technician certification.
- Eligible for state registration, certification or licensure per state regulations.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- Excellent customer service skills (written and verbal) a must.
- Minimum (1) year experience required in a customer service position with high volume call center experience; preferably in healthcare, social services, or a similar service position.
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
A-Line Staffing Solutions