- Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, compounds and dispenses medical prescriptions.
- May be expected to perform some clerical duties relating to the department.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Typically reports to a manager or supervisor.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Support US Pharmaceutical customers (Health Care Professionals and consumers) with technical questions for US pharmaceutical products.
- Answer incoming telephone calls or voicemail messages from health care professionals and consumers related to medical information questions about the storage, stability or ingredients of US pharmaceutical products.
- Answers incoming telephone calls or voicemail messages from health care professionals and consumers related to Adverse Event information and triages call as needed or enters case information into ECR for further review and processing by a Contact Center Specialist.
- Identifies adverse events and product quality complaints and transfers appropriately.
- Understands basic concepts within product labeling.
- Identify product quality and device complaints and document in product/device complaint system.
- Compliance with departmental guidelines, SOPs, ongoing training, and regulatory guidelines.
- Effectively communicate by actively listening to acquire information and understand another s viewpoint to communicate clearly and establish rapport with customers, colleagues, and interdepartmental groups.
- Use of multiple databases to document adverse event, medical information, and product complaint information.
- Identify and communicate possible issues to manager, including notifying manager if reconciliation information is not being provided by a Patient Support Program (Pharmacy Solutions, Duoconnect, Accredo, PAP).
- May train others on specific, non-complex, process or database.
- Strong verbal communication skills with external and internal customers.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Pharmacy Technician, Medical Assistant Certification/License, or medical admin experience required.
- BS degree preferred.
- 0-2 years health care or previous pharmaceutical industry experience.
A-Line Staffing Solutions