Private Pay Collection Specialist
New Rome, OH
- Collection Specialist is responsible for maintaining a complete debt collection portfolio using the support framework designed. I.E.: learning policy and procedure for accessing letters, sources of needed information and scheduling requirements to achieve successful recovery while displaying a professional manner, offering solutions and suggestions for process improvements and working closely with Management to exceed collection goals.
- Effective and efficient resolution of patient account balances within prescribed company guidelines and policies.
- Direct collection contact with customers by phone regarding past due invoices employing skills that result in the effective resolution of accounts by means of obtaining new insurance information or cash collections while demonstrating working knowledge of insurance billing processes and procedures.
- Indirect collections through internal and external partners to resolve past due patient accounts.
- Retrieving copies of invoices and sending them via e-mail, fax or mail for account resolution.
- Thorough and accurate documentation of collections efforts.
- Add, change and delete information in the file screens (update addresses, phone #s, and insurance information).
- Utilize all online tools to effectively work the portfolio assigned. (ARM, Lexis Nexis, 411.Com, Searchbug, White Pages.Com, Oasis, DX, SSDI, NETRONLINE, Emdeon Office, various state Medicaid websites, Iastral, et al)
- Manage interruption of services process.
- Process payments online and resolve any follow-up issues.
- Identify and communicate issues to Management and/or appropriate team members while making recommendations for quick resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Excellent customer service, listening, and communication skills and be able to persuade and negotiate with customers.
- Able to work independently and be able to understand and carry out detailed instruction.
- Able to interact with staff from multiple departments.
- Detail oriented results driven, flexible, organized, and open to suggestions.
- Able to work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work as a team player within the Corporate Collections Department as well as all other areas of the organization.
- Associate s degree (A.A).
- One to three years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Bachelor s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training.
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare & third party insurance is a preferred.
A-Line Staffing Solutions