- This role will work under and support the FTE Writer.
- Assisting with writing edit cycles.
- Much of the job will entail editing and proofing work.
- The Coordinator will provide key functional support to the Proposal Management Center and to the greater Business Enablement team.
- The Coordinator will work closely with members of the sales organization and collaboratively with affiliate business units and other internal departments to ensure the timely and accurate production of compliant proposal documents.
- Additionally, the Coordinator will provide proofreading and copy editing for various internal and external customer-facing materials for members of the Business Operations broader team of associates.
- This will include newsletters, playbooks, presentations, memos and other common forms of business correspondence.
- Optimizes the sales person s time through the effective selection, curation, project management and completion of selling materials related to retention and new business development.
- This individual will have a unique and challenging opportunity to work in an organization that serves multiple business segments and leadership cohorts.
Primary duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain pertinent proposal business information via proposal management programs, shared drives, tracking systems, win loss analysis and work flow tracking.
- Responsible for all components related to the maintenance and continual improvement of the database.
- Coordinate and support the proposal response development and delivery process from beginning to end.
- This includes supporting the development of the project plan, assembly of project team, assignment of responsibilities based on areas of expertise, kickoff call, draft production, scheduling of review sessions and oversight of final production and submission.
- Take the lead on proposals and documents on the small to medium sized spectrum of our work load and use this as an opportunity to show capability for future roles.
- Support team and all proposals by leading the gathering of a high quality first draft response.
- Gain feedback on the first draft and assist in managing the question and answer pairings within the proposal management software.
- Input all edits with a continual focus on learning how to improve for future first drafts.
- Works directly with sales, legal, finance, subject matter experts and other groups to collaboratively prepare proposal documents and to keep the proposal management database in order and up to date.
- Create, review and edit internal customer-facing newsletters, training materials, etc. To maintain and enforce brand and departmental standards and ensure consistency.
- Edit accordingly so the message and story is told succinctly and persuasively.
- Plan periodic meetings with functional corporate and affiliate subject matter experts to ensure the accuracy of content.
- Curate content question and answer sets and keeps proposal management systems up to date.
- Supports the full cycle of the sales process by providing additional services before and after the RFP to the sales organization as new requirements and client requests are identified.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements for achieving efficiency gains and quality improvements.
- Assists with a variety of scheduled and unscheduled projects occurring in the team at any given time.
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Experience in business administration, writing, marketing or similar vocations generally obtained through the completion of a four-year bachelor s degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Previous experience in any combination of proofreading, copy editing and/or RFP response development experience preferred.
- To provide a world class proposal experience and to drive outcomes, must have an exceptional ability to learn and understand each business to determine the selling communication strategy that will best position a winning proposal.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both orally and in writing with a variety of levels of an organization.
- Editing, impeccable proofreading, and composition skills required.
- Skilled at identifying requirements, key messages, key stakeholders, and developing the approach to effectively share the information within the required documents.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and produce high quality results with attention to detail.
- Well-versed in the 4 C s of copy editing: clarity, coherency, consistency and correctness.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Ability to resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Familiarity with Challenger Sales messaging.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
A-Line Staffing Solutions