RN Long Term Care
Grand Blanc, MI
- 24-hour Skilled Nursing Care.
- 7-Day a Week Physician Coverage.
- Short & Long Term Care.
- Physical & Occupational Therapy.
- Respite Care.
- Respiratory Services.
- Palliative Care Services.
- Registered nurses (RNs) monitor patients, develop patient care plans, implement treatments and provide guidance.
- RNs who provide in-home care or who work in a care facility can supervise the work of licensed practical nurses (LPNs), nursing assistants or home care aides.
- Clinical nurses and nurse practitioners can be primary caregivers and are responsible for making diagnosis and prescribing treatments for patients.
- RNs monitor a patient's vital signs and symptoms, maintain records, deliver medication and implement other treatments.
- Under the direction of RNs, aides and assistants can monitor patients, as well as feed, clothe, change linens and assist with personal hygiene.
- In smaller facilities, RNs may assume many duties performed by aides.
- RNs typically complete a nursing associate's or bachelor's degree program before seeking entry-level work.
- More clinical experience is available through bachelor's degree nursing programs, which can enhance opportunities for employment in health care facilities.
- LPNs complete year-long training programs offered by vocational schools and community colleges.
- Completion of a graduate degree program is preferable for nurses seeking advancement to management positions and is required for clinical nurses and nurse practitioners.
- All nurses must obtain a license by passing the National Council Licensure Examination.
- Certification is required for nursing assistants, though it is not necessary for aide positions.
A-Line Staffing Solutions