Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- Full Time Days.
- The CVICU is a highly specialized adult intensive care unit.
- It is comprised of 15 inpatient beds.
- The unit specializes in the immediate post-operative care of coronary artery bypass surgery, heart transplant, heart valves ventricular assist device placement, esophageal and thoracic procedures and post op vascular surgeries.
- Our population of patients may include MI, heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmias, hypothermia post-cardiac arrest and cardiogenic shock.
- The CVICU RN performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular ICU Service Line.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ACC patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote a supportive environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in CVICU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
A-Line Staffing Solutions