Registered Nurse - ICU
Kansas City, KS
- ICU RN provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery through collaboration with all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- With its nationally verified Level I Trauma Center, the hospital provides emergency surgical services around the clock.
- In addition, our surgical teams perform many advanced and highly complex surgical procedures.
- These specialized services draw patients from throughout the Kansas City area, state of Kansas, and many Midwestern states.
- The hospital attracts national and international attention as a frequent trial site for new surgical devices and procedures.
- Often these are technologically intense procedures using robotics, computer-enhanced imaging, video, fiber optics and other devices to increase precision and minimize incision size.
- The coordination of staff, supplies and equipment to care for surgical patients during and after surgery demands teamwork, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/patient care priorities.
- Collaborates and coordinates care of the patient with the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
- Develops and updates the patient plan of care.
- Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and revises plan of care on an ongoing basis.
Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin,
- Implements the plan of care utilizing resources and best evidence.
- Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine.
- Involves patient/family in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
- Participates in unit and/or department quality improvement efforts.
- Takes personal responsibility for completing assigned activities and seeks new opportunities to provide high-quality work/service; looks for ways to improve individual performance.
- Is clear about daily tasks and shows a flexible, proactive approach to accomplishing responsibilities in the face of changing situations (e.G. Patient emergencies).
- Shows respect in every interaction and builds trust; demonstrates adherence to code of conduct.
- Shows willingness to learn new technologies, tools or systems and is eager to gain new skills.
- Listens well, shows a positive attitude and modifies tone and delivery to effectively meet the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and gathers thoughts before speaking to deliver clear messages that are easily understood by others.
- Understands needs of others and willingly takes the H.E.A.T. By remaining calm and positive under high stress situations.
- Understands personal and practical needs of all customers and takes appropriate action to meet expectations for quality care and/or service.
- Has self-awareness of own behaviors; makes changes in behavior to improve the service experience; is aware of how personal actions affect the customer experience.
- Adjusts personal behaviors as needed to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively within and across work units to deliver the best customer experience.
- Plans daily routine to properly organize tasks and demonstrates the flexibility to meet immediate customer needs effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively asks open-ended questions to clarify and resolve underlying issues; escalates issues promptly and responsibly as necessary.
- Allocates time appropriately to effectively handle multiple priorities and varying workload.
- Demonstrates stewardship through the identification and appropriate use of available resources (e.G. Time, equipment and supplies).
- Is approachable, builds rapport and uses formal and informal networks to facilitate achievement of departmental and organizational goals.
- Willingly shares information, materials and know-how to contribute to and achieve common objectives.
- Works as a team player in a diverse workforce and looks for ways to improve interactions with all co-workers, contributing to a welcoming and helpful environment.
A-Line Staffing Solutions