Registered Nurse - Manager
- The Nurse Manager manages a defined patient care area to provide a climate optimal for the provision of individualized goal directed nursing care that supports the mission, vision and values of The Medical Center of Plano and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
- The nurse manager is expected to provide an environment where nurses practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices.
- The Nurse Manager is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for and supports the nursing staff s primary commitment to protect the health, safety, and rights of the individual, family or community.
- Compliance with 5 Standards of Star Service; always delivering exceptional service to our patients, physicians, guests, coworkers, volunteers and vendors.
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Performs position in line with Employee Satisfaction, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Continuous Performance Improvement, and/or Community Involvement.
- Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols.
- Supports hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Develops and implements a plan for assuring delivery of individual goal directed nursing care through the use of the nursing process.
- Provides care in an evidenced-based environment.
- Practices autonomously, consistent with practice standards and research based policy/procedures.
- Exercises independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care.
- Provides care/treatment/services within the Synergy Model and Evidenced Based Practices.
- Delegates tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
- Develops and implements a plan for care delivery with patient safety as the primary goal.
- Demonstrates expertise in selecting and managin602736g unit based staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer focused care, star service and service recovery.
- Reviews budget and assume responsibility for maintaining operating expenses at target levels.
- Incorporates the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and the hospital s mission, vision and values and Five Indicators of success in the design and implementation of a plan for staff development, care delivery and unit growth.
- Participates in and encourage staff participation in performance improvement as an educational experience and a tool for continual improvement of quality of care and nursing sensitive indicators.
- Promotes involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community activities; community involvement, lifelong learning and nursing research.
- Participates in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and through attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
- Actively participates in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
- Delivers patient care and/or department service in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and self-conduct to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
- Maintains and enhances skills through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
- Completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood borne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
- Follows established guidelines for compliance with Infection Prevention and TJC Patient Safety Goals and Practices.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff, quarterly.
- Uses this information to improve patient safety.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting significant medical errors or unanticipated outcomes in the patient s care which results in patient harm.
- Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan/Patient Safety Plan.
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
- BSN required.
- MSN or Master s Degree in related field preferred.
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- National Specialty Certification or plan to achieve within 1 year of hire.
- Minimum 2 years in a nursing management position.
A-Line Staffing Solutions