Mt. Prospect, IL
- Monday thru Friday, 9: 00am-5: 30pm
- Must be available to work between 7: 30am and 7: 30pm
- The primary responsibilities are to verify insurance coverage for potential new patients and re-verify insurance coverage for existing patients in order to process patient prescription needs successfully and demonstrate excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers.
- This role will require an understanding of insurance concepts, including drug cards, major medical benefits, and per diem coverage, as well as knowledge of government and patient assistance programs. Strong attention to detail, and proven analytic and problem solving.
- Must have effective and empathetic communication style in managing inbound calls and communications with clients and team members.
- 6 months in benefits verification or patient service representative role.
- 1+ years experience in a Windows based computer system.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of government and patient assistance programs.
- Understanding of insurance concepts including drug cards, major medical benefits, and per diem coverage.
- Analytic and problem solving skills.
- Computer experience is required with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Basic alpha number data entry skills with attention to accuracy and quality is essential.
- Intermediate math skills are required with attention to detail and quality essential.
- Experience in a health care setting or insurance industry is a plus, including knowledge of basic insurance and third party terms and medical terminology.
- Ability to work with people in a team environment while meeting individual performance goals.
- Must be able to read and interpret policies, procedures and instructions.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize a fluctuating workload and competing priorities is essential.
- Experience performing insurance verification.
- Experience working with medical insurance programs or medical billing procedures.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and 3rd party vendors is a plus.
A-Line Staffing Solutions