Kansas City, KS
- Administers, monitors, and assesses the effectiveness of respiratory care in an efficient and effective manner for inpatients and outpatients of all developmental and maturational levels (neonatal to geriatric) under the supervision of a licensed Respiratory Therapist.
- Uses independent judgement in the application of respiratory care protocols and is self-motivated to take responsible and professional action within the scope of practice.
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions, decisions, and learning needs.
- Maintains a patient-centered focus and strives to support the mission, goals, and values of the hospital, department and division.
- Follows policies, procedures, and standards.
- Interacts with physicians and other health system staff to provide quality, safe, and efficient care for the patient.
- Communicates effectively with patients, health care providers, and other customers both orally and written/via computer.
- Maintains positive working relations with customers.
- Demonstrates mature, sensitive, and effective communications with all age groups, especially under high levels of stress.
- Assumes responsibility for risk and safety issues associated with position.
- Educates patients and family members of all developmental and maturational levels (neonatal to geriatric) regarding cardiorespiratory topics, medications, equipment, and procedures.
- Reacts appropriately under high levels of stress.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of uncertainty, and can take responsible and professional action without awaiting orders.
- Assists in the oversight of other staff members during advanced procedures
- At the direction of a supervisor, serves as the acting team leader or acting supervisor.
- Assists in the orientation, training, and evaluation of students, new employees, and other members of the health care team.
- Participates on the rapid response or code blue teams, as needed.
- Assist with the ambulation of patients.
- Moves ventilators and other items within the campus.
- Quickly respond to critical situations including taking stairs to reach emergencies and assist in the removal of patients from the building (in case of fire).
- Great customer service skills.
- Versatile critical care experience.
A-Line Staffing Solutions