- The ScrumMaster provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications.
- As an agile expert, the ScrumMaster will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting transparency.
- This position requires committed to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within our team.
- You will facilitate daily stand-ups and ensure the integrity of the agile process by capturing velocity and removing obstacles to drive projects to successful release.
- In this highly visible role, you will have significant interaction with product owners and regular contact with senior management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, cross-functional development teams, and Project Managers to support development and software delivery.
- Assist the Product Owner in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirement elicitation while supporting overall organizational goals.
- Track and report Scrum team velocity and manage Sprint capacity.
- Manage high-level budgeting and time tracking.
- Resolve or escalate blocking impediments as necessary.
- Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Scrum Masters.
- Work with Development managers to manage team capacity.
- Ensure development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals.
- Coach the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice.
- Adapt approach based on cultural shifts and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration.
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 4-5+ years Scrum Master experience.
- 6+ years of information technology experience.
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server Agile or Scrum templates.
- Demonstrated experience working in and leading teams that leverage Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration processes.
- Experience with relevant business software e.G. Microsoft Office applications, Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Experience and proven success in driving initiatives and being adaptable and flexible working with different types of people and personalities.
- Experience in a Big Data/Data Warehouse environment.
- Experience working in environments with Hybrid Project Management approaches (Waterfall & Agile).
- Previous technical experience with the Microsoft technology stack (C#, SQL Server) is desired.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery.
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues.
- Highly adaptable to changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development and virtues of coded unit tests.
- SM needs to have situational awareness with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task.
A-Line Staffing Solutions