- 8: 30a-5: 30p M-F
- Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor or Manager, the Senior Auditor is responsible for performing internal audits and projects that help the business achieve its financial and operational objectives (through identifying control weaknesses and/or process improvements).
- The role requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility and ingenuity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required in this position.
- Interacts with all levels of company associates and executives, outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related representatives to gain an understanding of business processes.
- Performs audit related activities, including but not limited to: developing the engagement Risk Assessment and audit scope, conducting the opening meeting, timely completing field work, and drafting the audit report.
- Ensures audit fieldwork work and findings are adequately documented (in compliance with IIA and departmental standards, with minimal supervision).
- Prepares an audit report which effectively communicates the audit results, making necessary revisions in a timely manner.
- Assists the Audit Supervisor or Manager with oral and written presentations to mid-level management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discusses deficiencies.
- Works closely with the Internal Controls, Operations, Business and IT departments in resolving financial / operational control issues.
- Assists on other internal departmental projects, as assigned (i.E., major initiatives, internal audit related training, etc.)
- Coordinates multiple tasks; recommends improvements to departmental.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A successful candidate will have a broad training in business administration, accounting and auditing, or related field, obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree.
- Normally requires a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in general accounting, public accounting, and/or internal auditing.
- Preferred experience would include both public accounting and internal audit experience.
- Experience working with ERP systems and using PC-based spreadsheet and/or data analytic software is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Most of the work is around US SOX testing; experience with SOX and internal controls.
- Minimum of 2-3 years accounting experience.
- Must be able to work independently.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Strong leadership and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and thrive in a team environment.
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of operational auditing, process flow reviews and trial balance audits.
- Ability to make sound judgment and business-oriented decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices.
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs.
A-Line Staffing Solutions