Senior Care Manager
- 9am 5pm.
- The training will be about 2 weeks long that includes systems and expectations in the role.
- There is side-by side training and there is a buddy system set up for new Resources.
- Responsible for the assessment, reassessment, care planning and coordination of care and services.
- Includes ongoing monitoring of an appropriate and effective person centered care plan, member education and care management.
- Regularly communicates with the members PCP and other providers, and integrates the member, caregiver and other provider feedback into the assessment and planning.
- Will be expected to coach and mentor less experienced Care Managers.
- The selected candidate will manage about 120 members where the goal is to keep member in the community by coordinating and managing the community based resources that have been provided.
- This is a telephonic position with both inbound and outbound calls.
- Ensures continuity of care for newly enrolled members.
- Identifies and prioritizes the member s needs and preferences.
- Develops quantifiable goals and desired outcomes, and promotes the members ability to self-manage to the greatest extent possible.
- Develops, implements and monitors the Person Centered Service Plan, assisting members in obtaining reasonable accommodations when appropriate.
- Manages case load, including risk stratification of members, monitoring reassessment needs and facilitating transitions of care settings.
- Serves as the primary point of member contact.
- Assesses member needs, manages care and services, and ensures effective communication among members, caregivers, providers and community supports.
- As the lead of the interdisciplinary team, facilitates the activities and communication within an interdisciplinary team of providers, vendors, facilities, discharge planners, field nurses, social workers, care coordinators, and member/caregivers to effectively manage care plans and transitions of care settings.
- Maintains timely, complete and accurate documentation using both hard copy and technology based solutions in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures.
- Gathers and summarizes data for reports.
- Supports initiatives of the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Committee.
- All other duties as assigned.
- At least 2-3 years of clinical experience with a focus on MLTC, UAS assessment experience, Major Medical and Surgical diagnosis experience and experience with electronic documenting systems.
- Experience with community resources & behavioral health experience is a plus.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, Russian and or Chinese) are preferred.
- He/she MUST be comfortable in a fast pace environment and managing multiple priorities.
- Must have RN License.
- Bachelor s Degree.
A-Line Staffing Solutions