Senior Pharmacy Reporting Analyst
- Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Clinical Strategy, the Senior Pharmacy Reporting Analyst will support and advise internal customers to enable data driven decision-making.
- This role will design, develop, maintain, and implement internal data management processes, custom reports and analytic tools/applications to support the clinical and pharmacy leadership.
- Develops on-going knowledge of varied data sources and structures to independently take in business requirements, design and execute on requests.
- Models and tracks pharmacy savings on a monthly basis and makes recommendations, as needed.
- Supports need to support Employer Groups and Sales by collaborating on RFP s to grow business.
- Assists in the bidding process to maintain current groups and potentially gain new business.
- This includes but not limited to re-pricing of claims, savings estimate, etc.
- Supports with claims submissions to various rebate vendors.
- Helps analyze competing offers on drug rebate to determine best deal.
- Participates in problem-solving and investigation, analyses, special projects and research projects as requested.
- Assists in identifying cost containment and quality improvement opportunities and makes recommendations to customers for further analysis opportunities.
- Researches, identifies, reviews and evaluates emerging trends that occur in the pharmacy industry.
- Organizes and prioritizes tasks, proposes work assignments so as to successfully complete projects in a timely manner.
- Manages multiple projects with competing deadlines to successful completion.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret pharmacy data.
- Develop awareness of pharmacy plan design, cost factors and the renewal process.
- Evaluate managed pharmacy programs and prepare reports on findings.
- Participate in client meetings to advise on data issues and address pharmacy questions.
- Participate in a variety of special projects such as benchmarking and contract analyses.
- Support clients with various pharmacy issues and projects.
- Provide consultative analyses and RFP data to support membership growth and retention.
- Conduct trend driver analyses, outcomes reporting and benchmarking to support trend management and forecast.
- Develop reports to support efficient operations and regulatory requirements.
- Develop pharmacy data, reporting methods and tools to facilitate pharmacy program and business strategy planning.
- Utilizes programming software to efficiently develop process or tools to analyze relevant data from various sources and interprets and presents analytic results for all ad hoc and ongoing reporting requests.
- Serves as pharmacy data liaison to key stakeholder areas and supports business and strategic project planning and implementation.
- Develops innovative analyses and reports using understanding of the business need for information.
- Conducts independent analysis of high complexity under minimal supervision and guidance.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- BS/BA in Business or related field (e.G. Finance, Computer Technology, etc.)
- Experience with Visual Analytic tools required (Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, Power BI).
- Requires advanced data analytic skils with SAS, Business Objects, Microsoft Office (e.G. Access and Excel including VBA).
- Other data analytic experience is a plus (e.G. Crystal Reports, Unix, SQL/PL-SQL).
- Requires 3-5 years experience in health care (Health Plan, Pharmacy Benefit Management or government payer).
- Must have sufficient familiarity with the technical, clinical, and financial concepts necessary to adequately perform the duties described above.
- Demonstrated ability to work with pharmacy claims data and familiar with pharmacy data parameters available for analysis.
- Prior experience and demonstrated ability to work with large datasets required.
- Experience with designing analytic plan using sound statistical approach to solve complex questions or evaluate program ROI.
- Has strong knowledge of excel and advanced excel features.
- Has strong mathematical skills.
- Has strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Has strong people skills.
- Has good understanding of the Pharmacy business.
- Has the ability to pick up new technology tools quickly.
- Accounting or financial experience a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL tables and data models a plus.
- This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting and standing in front of a computer.
- In addition, this position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment, including the operation of standard computer and phone equipment.
- May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients and employees.
A-Line Staffing Solutions