Kansas City, KS
- Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills at time of hire and annually.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for the care of each patient.
- Provides appropriate instrumentation to surgeon during case and performs skills using appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Prepares instruments and supplies for sterilization; cleans and decontaminates instruments; assists in cleaning/preparing OR suite for next case.
- Participates with the unit team in implementing supportive strategies for cost-containment.
- Attends conferences, in service programs, and meetings as scheduled.
- Provides psychological and physical comfort measures to patient; identifies changes in condition and immediately reports to RN/charge nurse including patient safety concerns.
- Performs purposeful data collection; uses electronic record appropriately.
- Participates in department/hospital committee.
- Participates in new product and procedure evaluation.
Performs procedures following department standards;
- Maintenance of asepsis
- Prepping and draping
- Needle count
- Instrument count
- Sponge count
- Specimen care
- Dressing application
A-Line Staffing Solutions