Overland Park, KS
- 6pm-6: 30am
- Accurately performs data entry in both Hospital and Clinical information systems.
- Assists with medical records as needed.
- Completes all FMLA and STD paperwork for provider to approve.
- Coordinates with clerical and medical staff to provide efficient patient flow and quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Provides care team support as needs arise.
- Coordinates with the patient care team to identify opportunities for pre-visit planning to occur prior to a patient's visit.
- Follows-up with patients on lab results after provider has reviewed.
- Orders patient care and clinical supplies.
- Performs injections, spirometry and EKGs as needed.
- Performs prior authorizations on medications when needed; refills medications according to the refill protocols.
- Prepares exam rooms between patients.
- Provides MyChart activation instructions to patients and promotes patient engagement through its use.
- Responds to triage calls and messages pertaining to patient care in a timely manner based off of medical necessity and addresses walk-in patient concerns.
- Rooms patients which includes: escorting patients to the exam room, obtaining patients' weight and vital signs, reviewing patients' medication list and referring physician information, proactively reviewing chronic/preventive services needed or overdue, providing patients with educational materials, and notifying provider when patient is ready for evaluation.
- Scans into EMR any diagnostic/preventive services.
- Tracks transition of care activities to ensure receipt of health information (labs/referrals/imaging); assists patients with home health and hospice care when needed.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing preferred; Associates required.
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practice state required.
- BLS Certification required.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Must have adolescent experience.
A-Line Staffing Solutions