Billing Specialist II
444 North 44th Street Phoenix, AZ 85008
- This position is responsible for timely and accurate submission of all invoices/claims to insurance companies for payment.
- This position is also responsible for determining proper billing method, i.e. electronic, hard copy, special forms.
- Ensures that all billing guidelines are followed per the payer billing requirements.
- Ensures all claims are billed within the timely filing guidelines established by the payer.
- Responsible for timely completion of all secondary and resubmission of claims.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing healthcare reimbursement, medical insurance/billing or related work.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with healthcare reimbursement systems.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 0-2 years of pharmacy billing experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and prioritization skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Good computer skills requiring basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and good typing skills.
- Education: Education Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.