Monroeville, PA 15146
- Primary responsibility is to ensure timely and accurate account payment for outstanding balances while demonstrating excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers.
- Responsible for all third party billing and follow-up associated with the dispensing of prescription medication; maintain supporting chronological notes that detail action taken to resolve outstanding account balances.
- Maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems.
- Work all billing/collection reports, queues, or diversions according to payer and company policy guidelines.
- Researches and responds by telephone, via the Internet and in writing to insurance companies and governmental payers regarding billing issues and problems.
- Follows up on submitted claims; monitors unpaid claims, initiates appeals and resubmits claims as necessary.
- Transmit or submit claims (paper, electronic) to insurance payers for reimbursement.
- Resolve insurance problems and patient issues that may have resulted from incorrect or incomplete information, therapy changes and pharmacy or shipping errors.
- Provide detailed follow up with patients and payers in the form of, but not limited to phone calls, fax transmittals and e-mails.
- Contact patients and Physician s offices as needed in order to expedite claims processing.
- Obtain accurate demographic, insurance and financial information from patients to ensure all account information is accurate.
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing healthcare reimbursement, medical insurance/billing or related work.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with healthcare reimbursement systems.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Entry level position; 0-2 years of pharmacy billing experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and prioritization skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Good computer skills requiring basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and good typing skills.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.