Charge Registered Nurse - Neuro And Spine Surgery - (0.9 FTE, Day Shift)
Charge Registered Nurse
- The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment.
- Responsible for the workflow of the unit under the direction of the unit management team.
- Determines unit priorities for assigned timeframe with regard to patient care, patient flow (bed control), staffing and distribution of resources.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to standards and regulations.
- Coordinates patient care activities on the nursing unit, provides immediate clinical oversight of staff members, and ensures that all daily departmental activities are completed, including on– going monitoring activities.
- Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Serves as role model for staff and assists staff in following established, best practice standards.
- Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities within the unit and with other departments.
- Models ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
Education and Experience:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’ s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS & ACLS Certification
- One-year clinical experience with like populations and demonstrated leadership accomplishments
For more information, please contact us at (877) 782-3334