- Reports to Director or Sr Consultant; may lead team members in a matrix reporting or project-based relationship. Serves as an internal subject matter expert and mentor to other compensation associates.
- The disciplines include expertise and delivery of consultation in the areas of job classification, salary management, performance management, regulatory compliance, compensation training, organization design and variable compensation.
- Acts as a consultant to management in the design of creative solutions to specific compensation related issues.
- Leads consultation and delivery of communication support for compensation and rewards administration programs to HR partners for the respective business unit customers.
- Independently delivers job classification services for all banded jobs, including job design, job analysis, job description documentation, job consolidation, and job evaluation and pricing.
- Leads one community job review efforts including job families, job structure and related exhibits.
- Directs and ensures compliance with all state and federal employee relations/compensation statutes and legislation, including: FLSA, determining exemption status of jobs and monitoring classification of associates; minimum wage (CA IT professionals); pay equity, etc.
- Analyzes and administers compensation salary survey database information comprised of external salary rates and programs.
- Delivers strategic consultation to HR partners and business unit leaders regarding complex challenges associated with aligning business unit practices with company policy and enterprise compensation philosophy while meeting business requirements where necessary.
- Develops and delivers salary management training and communications.
- Responsible for completing job evaluations for executive level roles except for the OCEO and approximately 20 of the top selected executives.
- Has thorough knowledge of the executive program and structure, and maintains awareness of executive compensation principles and trends.
- Partners with Executive Recruiting to provide competitive job offers; including determining base and incentive pay mix, and LTI replacement value.
- Collaborates with HR partners in the delivery of total rewards strategy consultation.
- Conducts special projects regarding highly complex and strategic compensation issues as directed.
- Leads project teams and manages projects across departments and business units.
- May represent the company on task forces, committees and project assignments.
- Leads in collaborating with HR partners in the delivery of timely and consistent results for the customer.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with peers, HR partners and business unit customers.
- Identifies optimal solutions that serve the needs of all involved parties.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in merger and acquisition activities including reviewing compensation programs of newly acquired companies and creating strategy for integrating newly acquired employees into Nationwide’ s compensation programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.