Consultant, Loss Control
New York, NY
This position is an integral part of the Construction Vertical team and will work closely with the Loss Control Services Sr. Consultants, Directors, and other SMEs. This position is a key resource for the evaluation of new and prospective business, contributes to the profitability and retention of current construction business, and provides consulting services to construction vertical accounts. Strong relationship, marketing and consulting skills required to interact with underwriting, agents, members, managers, third parties and team members. Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to operate a personal computer and other business equipment, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Construction experience/knowledge is required.
- Responsible for providing services for a complex portfolio of accounts to influence the profitability and retention.
- Successfully manages assigned internal and external business partner relationships including underwriting, business development, claims and agencies.
- Coordinates or leads broad, in-depth and detailed research into account’ s background, industry and technical information as part of preparation for site visits, meetings, presentations and projects.
- Conducts complex, comprehensive analysis of hazards, exposures, controls and the effectiveness of controls, for current members. Analyzes industry information, business or historical loss.
- Conducts special studies as requested, and communicates problem areas, trends and developments.
- Responds to special requests for information on unusual hazards, exposures or occupancies.
- Identifies technically sound risk improvement solutions to help members manage risk.
- Creates and recommends service objectives based on the risk assessment and loss analysis and makes decisions as a subject matter expert (SME) when appropriate.
- Coordinates meetings with internal and external business partners to discuss service opportunities and maximize relationships.
- Maintains a consulting relationship with large numbers of members, business partners and agents and provides observations, solutions and follow-ups to issues with high levels of complexity to meet business needs.
- Bachelor’ s degree in safety, science, engineering, fire science or business management preferred.
- One of the following designations: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Director of Safety (CDS) and Associate of Risk Management (ARM).
- Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations
- within the time period designated by the business unit.
- Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented.
- If an associate fails, or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate may be ineligible to continue in the position.
- 10 years of commercial loss control or related experience preferred.