Data and Integration Engineer
Glen Allen, VA 23060
- This position will Lead agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader.
- This role will respond to audits and contribute to the RFP process.
- Ensure data governance and best practice is embraced.
- Responsible for understanding business and IT strategy to align with outcomes.
- Will be a hands-on Data and Integration Engineer who can write quality code, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching.
- Must understand big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application.
- Will define improvements to increase system reliability, security and performance.
- Perform rich data visualizations and presentations to senior management on value adds.
- May manage a team.
- Participate in defining strategic IT objectives and leading subordinates toward that strategic vision for their products.
- Acts as the primary focal point for both internal and external customers for software development tasks. This includes estimates of feasibility, time and effort of tasks.
- Provide updates to both the user community and the programmers.
- Monitor projects, determines potential problems and guides them to a successful completion.
- Ensure that all work is getting accomplished by making assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between programmers, analysts, project managers, supervisors, and managers, and ensuring that the proper policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assists with budget preparation and management.
- Mentor and evaluate staff performance. - Continues to work hands-on doing programming and analysis work themselves.
- Tracks all project requests in functional area and updates status of projects on a regular basis.
- Assists in estimating work effort associated with new project requests.
- Assists in planning for the development and support of a functional systems area.
- Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports.
- Participates in planning and budgeting.
- Contract through the end of the year, possible extensions, possibility to go permanent.
- Must be able to work onsite in Glen Allen, VA
- Bachelor s Degree Required
- 5-7 years of experience building and deploying software using Hadoop Ecosystem
- Hands on AWS experience building and managing ETL jobs in Cloud
- Programming language preferences: python, java, spark, but open to proficiency in others
- Is an expert at data integration with RDBMS, Big Data/Hadoop, Data Lake concepts and has relevant experience with various OS, network and storage concepts
- Candidate should be extremely familiar with middle ware ETL products and willing to learn new tools at rapid pace
- Strong data architect that can work with IT Architects and IT Analysts to break down a complex system into smaller components
- Experience performing data models
- Looking for candidate with out of box thinking with T-shaped skills who has tremendous appetite to constantly learn new tools/technologies
- Strong understanding of EMR concepts
- Have good communication skills and takes complete ownership proactively.
For more information, contact 877-782-3334