Data and Integration Engineer Sr.
Glen Allen, VA 23060
- This position will analyze problems and is an expert in at least two or more Data Management tools.
- Role will understand and develop requirements for a system (mapping documents) by working with Business and Stakeholders, including visualization.
- Focus on the design with emphasis on reusability, scalability, optimization and parameterization. Develop, test and maintain canonical layouts and drives standardization.
- Integrate systems to enterprise data governance tools.
- Design data as a service (DaaS).
- Develops, test and maintains code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- Works closely with Business Analysts to develop detail systems design and written test plans for online and report application programs.
- Performs analysis on projects and provides a project plan that shows the tasks needing to be completed and a time estimate for each task.
- Participates in design walkthroughs with appropriate focus groups and related users to verify accuracy of design in meeting business needs.
- Prepares installation instructions and coordinates installation procedures.
- Supports and troubleshoots application code problems.
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current projects progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
- Coordinates, guides and mentors programming efforts performed by in-house programmers or outside consultants to ensure that all programming is completed according to the project plan.
- 7+ years of programming experience including a minimum.
- Strong working knowledge of modern programming languages, ETL tools.
- Senior Oracle PL/SQL and Informatics Developer.
- Strong PL/SQL skills.
- Understanding of ER modeling and pulling data from multiple systems.
- 5+ years experience in Oracle PL/SQL development.
- 5+ years experience developing Linux/Unix shell scripts.
- 5+ years experience with data loading into Oracle databases.
- Experience with PL/SQL bulk read and write code.
- Experience and knowledge in the performance design aspects of PL/SQL coding.
- Understanding of data modeling concepts.
- Minimum Oracle v11 experience.
- Knowledge/experience in 12c PL/SQL enhancements a plus.
- Ability to come up with technical design for loading based on a complex data model.
- Working experience in data mapping for data loading, bulk data loading and External tables.
- Ability to perform SQL tuning of queries optimize reports and data retrieval response times.
- PL/SQL, Oracle, ETL, Informatics, Stored procedures, functions, triggers, Views, UNIX, Shell Scripts.
- Is proficient at automated testing strategies, including TDD.
- Strong knowledge in Interfaces area and data loads.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Willing and able to learn.
- Able to work independently.
- Pairing experience when developers work in pairs or triads to help with coaching others.
- Healthcare industry and pharmacy claim processing is a "Plus".
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.