Troy, MI 48083
- This role is responsible for the day to day oversight of the default department; this includes Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Property Preservation, Collections and Claims.
- This position also is responsible for adhering to all government and investor requirements, handling required call volume, and maintaining delinquency rates within industry standards.
- Collections and Loss Mitigation - development and implementation of strategies and tactics that ensure delinquency goals and loss mitigation workout activity goals are achieved while enhancing the customer experience throughout the mortgage delinquency process.
- Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Real Estate Owned (REO) and Property Preservation development and implementation of strategies and tactics that ensure home foreclosure, bankruptcy, REO and property preservation processes meet investor, insurer and state guidelines.
- Manage a staff of direct reports, including participating in hiring decisions, training, and performance reviews, assigning and prioritizing duties
- Develop and maintain company policy and procedures, focusing on compliance and risk management for the default area.
- Protect the mortgage servicing portfolio by adhering to government regulations and investor requirements.
- Ensure department has a high level of customer responsiveness.
- Maintain delinquency rates within industry standards.
- Prepare weekly reports for senior management review.
- Prepare monthly reports for executive management review
- Participate in the development and implementation of the strategic plans and financial budgets of the Default Administration function
- Provide clear and consistent communication regarding the strategic direction (objectives, strategies and tactics) established as a Default Administration function.
- Ensure execution of the strategic plan for the Default Administration function along with attainment of financial goals.
- Evaluate and interpret financial results for the Default Administration function and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate functional performance against goals.
- Develop and implement an organizational structure that ensures appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the business.
- Evaluate organizational effectiveness of the team within Default Administration, identify gaps and implement development and succession planning initiatives.
- Foster an appropriate, performance driven culture within the Default Administration function.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to identify process deficiencies and develop and implement process improvements.
- Function as a subject matter expert in industry standards and practices related to Default Administration.
- Develop effective reporting, incorporating appropriate frequency and level of detail.
- 3-5 years Default servicing experience as well as management experience.
- Broad exposure to the functional areas of default servicing: bankruptcy, foreclosure, loss mitigation, collections, property preservation, claims and REO.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted human resources practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and have a strong attention to detail including the ability to create and maintain documentation.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.