Director of Operations - Fleet Maintenance
Dallas, TX 75227
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS – FLEET MANAGEMENT
We are looking for an individual for our Director of Fleet Operations position who can roll up his/her sleeves and embrace hard work, think critically and have the ability to ask the right questions, separate facts from assumptions, and determine what is relevant and what is not in the decision-making process. Aside from numbers and data, you are someone who deeply believes in the power of people to fuel our growth. You are personable, motivating, and passionate about our purpose.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS – FLEET MANAGEMENT JOB DUTIES:
Reporting up to the VP of Operations, The Director of Operations oversees all daily (and nightly) fleet activities at the highest level. We are looking for a program director and people champion to guide the delivery efforts of inbound and outbound operations while training, developing and supporting the needs of 8 mid-level leaders, 30+ entry-level leaders, and 2, 000 driving associates.
- Evaluate critical business needs and standard operating procedures of the Driver Management Department and create solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Accountable for monitoring and improving Utilization, Turnover, Home Time, Service and Safety KPI’ s for the entire fleet
- Foster driver tenure and reduce turnover for both company driving employees and owner-operators
- Pull large data sets directly from AS/400 and use information to pinpoint trends, analyze fleet productivity, and run operational and ad-hoc reports
- Manage the dynamics of a 24/7/365 staff, including hiring, scheduling, performance management, and succession planning
- Champion customer service through an intense focus on operational excellence
- Report KPI performance daily to all levels of leadership
- Develop capabilities (functional and managerial) to operate in diverse circumstances. Develop rolling multi-year roadmap for department focusing on people, process and technology for each function
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS – FLEET MANAGEMENT MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of DOT regulations and demonstrated experience with route optimization and vehicle tracking software
- Familiarity with transportation of temperature-controlled product is highly ideal
- Highly organized and communicative – must be able to interact effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to perform in an environment with ambiguous situations, rapidly changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Proven record of making well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations
- High degree of initiative and independent execution. You are capable of thriving as a team player but are also driven by autonomy
- Ability to handle high volumes of inbound email