- This position will be REMOTE.
- Will work from home but expected to be out in the field travelling 0-25%.
- Expenses will be reimbursed for mileage and gas.
- Must have a current, valid driver s license and automobile must be in good working condition.
- Candidate must be located in Volusia County / Daytona as they will travel locally.
- Provides ongoing, community-based support for an assigned caseload of health plan enrollees to improve access to care and care coordination.
- Establishes a relationship with the enrollee, the care coordination team, and providers.
- Conducts new enrollee outreach and orientation, arranges appointments and transportation as needed.
- Assists the enrollee in learning to navigate the health care delivery system, community resources, transportation, and effectively use health plan benefits.
- Conducts outreach and orientation for new enrollees.
- Gathers information needed to ensure continuity of care and permission to share information.
- Administers Health and Wellness Questionnaire.
- For hard to reach enrollees, seeks connection by working with the Peer Support Specialist and leveraging community services, care providers, family members, schools, etc.
- Assists enrollees in accessing care and ensures care is received.
- Helps members, as needed, in selecting providers, making appointments, and planning transportation.
- Contacts enrollee or provider to ensure appointments have occurred.
- Assists in transitions of care to and from alternative levels of care or settings.
- Makes follow up care arrangements and ensures post-hospital care is delivered as planned.
- Meets with enrollee regularly (as determined by individual risks) in order to monitor progress according to the Care Coordination Plan.
- Reminds enrollee of self-management tools and crisis support.
- Informs and engages the Care Coordination Team if enrollee has difficulty adhering to the care coordination plan or adhering to treatment and needs additional support.
- Works with enrollee and family/supports to engage in socialization, work or volunteer related activities, or access community resources and services.
- Maintains up to date documentation in the Care Coordination Plan and other Health Services tools. Prepares information for Care Coordination Team meetings and as requested, for shared treatment planning sessions.
- Bachelor's degree is REQUIRED - The degree can be in health or social sciences, behavioral health or related fields.
- License: LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) - Highly Preferred.
- Managed care experience.
- Experience documenting in a clinical record or information system, preferred.
- 2+ years of working Mental Health in medical/behavioral health field & working in case management. Care coordination activities & referral of resources. Community service, health care or social services. Community-based or home health care experience required.
- Experience with individuals who have severe mental illness or chronic medical conditions.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of local community resources preferred. Familiarity with health care coding (ICD, DSM) preferred.
- Length: 3-6 month contract.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8: 30 AM - 5 PM
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.