- The Value You Deliver Performing as a full stack engineer within an Agile team, including requirements gathering, development, and testing Defining and implementing application level architecture.
- Developing applications on complex projects, components, and subsystems for the division.
- Recommending development testing tools and methodologies and reviewing and validating test plans Being responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables.
- Planning and conducting system testing Developing comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
- Establishing full project life cycle plans for complex projects across multiple platforms.
- Being responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
- Advising on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects.
- Planning and coordinating project schedules and assignments for multiple projects.
- Acting as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various project/technology issues.
- Providing technology solutions to daily issues and technical evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
- Performing independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives.
- Developing original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts.
- How Your Work Impacts the Organization Develops applications and provides support on a mainframe environment, using COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL, MQ-Series, SQL, and VSAM files.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to development experts and management.
- Bachelor’ s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field.
- Six or more (6+) years of experience in the job offered or six or more (6+) years of experience as a technical lead in mainframe brokerage or stock plan services systems and application development.
- Or, alternatively, Master’ s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience as a technical lead in mainframe brokerage and stock plan services systems and application development.
- The Purpose of Your Role Use business and technical knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex stock plan services software applications on a mainframe platform running under a Z/OS environment.
- The Skills You Bring Your Demonstrated Expertise (“ DE”) in defining, developing, and leading an interactive team to implement scalable application solutions.
- Your DE in mainframe application development, automation, and support, utilizing COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, MQ-Series, and SQL
- Your DE in mainframe performance tuning and capacity planning, including ways to reduce I/Os, CPU Time, MSUs, and MIPs, using Strobe, iStrobe, Platinum Detector, and TMON
- Your DE in mainframe application development including: file format and comparison using File-AID; version management using Endeavor; debugging and unit testing using Intertest and Abend-AID;
- Job scheduling using Control-M Your DE in at least one of the following: IBM Rules Engine development using Decision Center and Eclipse Rule Designer
- Developing back-end applications and UIs using Spring 3.0, EXT-JS 4.0, and Angular-JS; and performing data transfer and transformation functions using AXWAY 2.4
- Developing complex, multi- threaded Java engines using J2EE and Spring Batch framework 3.0, IBM MQ 7.5 for messaging, SOAP Web services for UI and back-end interface, and Oracle 10g stored procedures for data loading.
- Developing Web services for IBM J-Rules 8.0 Deploying applications on WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, and Oracle App Server; and using Jenkins, git stash, and uDeploy for application build and release management.