Mainframe SDET Architect
- Must have recent Mainframe experience
- Must have 8+ years of automation testing
- Must have experience training team members on automation practices, policies and procedures
Performs and participates in application development and testing to apply continuous quality and testability of code throughout the software development lifecycle. Builds quality within the software development process with automated testing suites providing a comprehensive view from code quality to functionality. Uses quality paradigms to provide real time quality with use of automation and frequent regression testing. Designs / develops and maintains automation frameworks and automation test suites and scripts with continuous integration, testing, deployment and delivery. Conducts performance, load, security and service virtualization testing.
Desired Skills and Capabilities:
- Extensive Mainframe automation experience with Unified Functional Test (UFT) required.
- Ability to design the overall test strategy, coverage and prioritized risk-based testing model.
- Ability to train team members on automation practices, policies and procedures.
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- Software Development Life Cycle / Testing Methodologies - Agile - Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Programming Languages - Java, C#, Perl, Python, Groovy, Oracle, SQL, etc.
- Testing tools - Application Lifecycle Management, Unit Testing, Security, Application Programming Interface, Mobile, Continuous Integration, Service Virtualization, etc.
- Participates in the complete development process as a subject matter expert (SME) to ensure an approach of built-in quality at all stages to produce quality code.
- Applies SME knowledge in a collaborative software development approach for quality assurance at the source using a high degree of automation.
- Guides and implements processes to assess development impacts to regression suites, testability of code, application performance to take measures to eliminate impacts to continuous testing.
- Provides SME level guidance to ensure timely quality checks along with updating of automation scripts.
- Provides SME advice on best practices to facilitate test driven development (TDD) and behavior driven development (BDD) to provide early and frequent testing as the software is developed.
- Acts as the SME to recommend and guide implementation of process improvements and continuous quality measures across the development lifecycle.
- Acts as the SME in the use of unit testing tools and tools for implementing TDD and BDD.
- Writes and executes application tests at the source code level to prevent hidden errors (i.e., white box testing) within unit and component testing.
- Provides expert guidance for improvements of code quality for issues ranging from functionality to structure of code for performance and maintainability.
- Provides expert guidance for building complex unit and component test suites and conducts automated white box tests.
- Designs ongoing maintainability of test suites along with ease of automated execution of white box tests at frequent cycles.
- Integrates white box test suites with continuous integration (CI) tools.
- Programs and creates complex test cases using unit and component testing tools for code level testing.
- Reviews and guides creation of test suites for maintainability.
- Provides expert guidance for developing software tools, frameworks and utilities that will be used for validation and verification activities, and end-to-end functional testing of software.
- Designs and creates automated tools for generic use and maintainability. Guides and designs processes that manage testing organization and test data for ease of use and long-term maintainability by frameworks.
- Provides SME expertise on design and development of frameworks for testing of non-user interface (UI) components like application program interface (API), representational state transfer API (RESTful API), and web services similar to the end user.
- Provides SME level guidance on integration of automated suites with continuous integration (CI) tools for frequent execution.
- Installs and uses complex CI frameworks for use in continuous testing and continuous deployment / delivery.
- Provides expert guidance for software deployment and CI frameworks for use in continuous testing and continuous deployment / delivery.
- Provides expert guidance in building, customizing, and deployment of test environments and test automation frameworks promoting and incorporating industry CI best practices.
- Applies SME knowledge to design and maintain complex automation infrastructure throughout development.
- Provides SME expertise in recommending and integrating CI tools with other testing infrastructure and configuring complex reporting / metrics on CI.
- Makes decisions and implements new advances in CI space.
- Applies expert knowledge in use of performance, load, security and service virtualization testing tools to conduct testing, analysis and interpret results.
- Promotes and provides SME advice on best practices to build, script, generate data and run performance, load, security and service virtualization testing.
- Provides guidance on design and implementation guidance to create performance, load, security and service virtualization testing frameworks for standardized use / reuse and maintainability of security testing frameworks.
- Provides SME level advice on maintaining and administering procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance.
- Provides SME guidance for incorporating performance, load, and security testing into CI environments and deploying frequent testing of service virtualization close to the CI paradigm.
- As the SME, collaborates and partners with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop complex test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing.
- Uses experience to make insightful and logical decisions on plans, conditions and cases.
- Develops, administers and recommends best practices to perform specialized and in-depth test data conditioning and execution of test sets.
- Communicates with manager on a regular basis (project requirements, issues resolutions, etc.), and disseminates information to project sponsors, business analysts, and programmers.
- Evaluates, interprets and provides guidance on the various components of systems, applications and multiple environments and advises leadership on complex issues.
- As the SME, acts as a single point of contact for large and / or highly complex client projects with regard to test activities and provides expertise to other Test Analysts.
- Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
- Bachelor' s Degree - Software Engineering, Information Systems or other Technical degree; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp - Professional experience with Software testing, coding, designing, and developing.
- Master' s Degree - Software Engineering, Information Systems or other Technical degree
- Minimum 10+ Years Relevant Exp - Experience developing automated testing strategies in a variety of environments and frameworks
- What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?