Pharmacist - Application Pharmacy Coordinator
20555 Victor Pkwy Livonia, MI 48152
PLEASE CONTACT PAMELA MOZHAM (586) 710-7973
Must be a Licensed Pharmacist. Responsible for providing primary support and contact for each application. Coordinates all issues that arise during the project for assigned application areas and provides subject matter expertise. Develops best practice workflows based on decisions from all groups and translates the information into the application build. Works hand-in-hand with other Epic Application Coordinators, Project Managers, Trainers, and respective Application Managers.
- Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the Mission, Vision and Values in behaviors, practices and decisions.
- Establishes priorities that align with organizational initiatives.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously and adapts to frequent changes in priority.
- Manages teams to consensus decisions that support organizational objectives.
- Consults with providers, clinicians, executives and management at all levels in order to provide support for decisions, workflows, new initiatives and other assignments.
- Provides critical analysis of data to support assigned program, project and/or engagement and articulates same to colleagues, customers, business owners and all levels of management.
- Provides specialized guidance for integration, architectures, system selection, strategy, electronic health and/or financial records, clinical systems implementations and clinical process transformation as needed.
- Researches and contributes to recommendations into timing of introduction of new functionality.
- Supports upgrade design process and decision-making.
- Recommends innovative application solutions to product workflow, patient safety, productivity and financial problems.
- Provides leadership direction for application integration decisions with impacts across applications and clinical / business units.
- Assists product teams in development of design and required documentation.
- Analyzes business processes and re-engineers those processes to improve business and/or clinical needs.
- Prepares or participates in the preparation of detailed project work plans and project status reports.
- Assists and collaborates with system decision making groups in determining best practice evidence-based workflows, order sets, forms, decision support and other tools that are consistently applied throughout the organization.
- Utilizes performance improvement methodologies (e.g., PDCA, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) and change management strategies to address gaps in performance, changing technology, regulations, standards and evidence.
- Participates in interdisciplinary functional groups that make design, implementation, enhancement and outcome reporting decisions.
- Models teamwork within the System Office and with RHMs.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Assists in the handling of multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and adapts to frequent changes in priorities.
- Actively pursues professional growth opportunities.
- Utilizes support staff appropriately and adopts new tools to manage projects and documents.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Must be a licensed pharmacist.
- Must have expeerience with WIllow.
- The Application Coordinator in this role must be willing to live locally and/or travel to be present on the work site in Livonia 80% of every week as determined by executive leadership upon selection.
- Bachelor' s degree in healthcare, IT or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have progressively responsible experience serving as a subject matter expert, specialist or a consultant.
- Ability to learn Epic' s software and Certification will be required after training is complete.
- Three (3) to five (5) years knowledge and leading performance/business process improvement activities, including analyzing workflow processes utilizing PDCA, Lean, Six Sigma or other continuous process improvement methodologies or direct experience building IT systems.
- Ability to interface with multiple technical and business teams.
- Familiarity with information systems, clinical software and other computer applications.
- Ability to serve as primary support contact for application and to coordinate all issues that arise.
- Ability to understand choices involved in application configuration and to perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software.
- Ability to analyze business operations relative to build decisions, investigate end users' preferences when making build decisions, and working directly with system decision groups.
- Ability to prioritize and implement requested changes to the system and to effectively analyze functionality in new releases in order to determine utilization.
- Ability to populate databases during the initial system build with assistance from Epic and to collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs.
- Ability to ensure data coming across an interface into an Epic application meets the business needs.
- Ability to set standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications using the Epic Style Guide Master File Naming and Numbering Conventions.
- Ability to serving as a liaison between end users, third parties, and Epic implementation staff.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with project leadership and team members.
- Strong analytical abilities and the ability to assess and match team member skills to team responsibilities and match organizational needs to the system' s functionality.
- Ability to motivate team members and show appreciation for the overall team efforts.
- Recognized and respected in the organization.
- Ability to participate in training and work with end users.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and questions from end users and provide resolution and requested information.
- Ability to research, evaluates, and analyzes alternatives to reach issue resolution.
- Ability to manage project from organizational perspective and to never lose sight of detailed tasks. Ability to work with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports.
- Ability to commit to established timetables and deadlines in order to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Must be an effective consensus builder and collaborator, have excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills, and operate effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of the company.