Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
Shift: Monday - Friday 9: 30 AM - 6: 00 PM
The purpose of Pharmacy Technician will be to focus on prior authorization review and processing in computer systems, follow-ups, calling doctor offices, computer skills, data entry, and working inbound calls on the phone.
- Will be responsible for taking in-coming calls from members, providers, etc., while providing professional phone assistance to all callers through the criteria based prior authorization process.
- Maintains complete, timely and accurate documentation of all approvals and denials, and transfers all clinical questions and judgment calls to the pharmacist.
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
- Eligible for state registration, certification or licensure per state regulations is required.
- At least 1 year experience as a pharmacy technician coordinating activities in an administrative support function.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- Excellent customer service skills (written and verbal) a must.
- Minimum (1) year experience required in a customer service position with high volume call center experience; preferably in healthcare, social services, or a similar service position.
- Analytical skills, problem solving skills are a big plus.
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing at 877-782-3334.